About th position
CIMMYT in Bangladesh has helped to develop scientific capabilities through collaborative research, support breeding to improve wheat and maize systems, develop and promote conservation agriculture based sustainable intensification and train both NARES scientists and farmers. Emphasis has been also given to value chain and market development, bio-fortified maize and wheat so as to offer more benefits to maize and wheat farmers recently. This has resulted in an impressive array of achievements that have helped to establish wheat and maize as the second and third most important cereal crops in Bangladesh and that has significantly contributed to the improvement of food security and livelihoods of Bangladeshi maize and wheat farmers. CIMMYT managed projects are aligned with the Government plan and schemes, therefore contributing the national food, nutrition and livelihoods agenda.
We are seeking for a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Officer Admin and Finance.
The position will be based at CIMMYT Faridpur Field Office, Bangladesh.
About th position
- HR and Administrative
- Provide general administrative support, including but not limited to: executive assistance, management of correspondence, preparation of meetings (and minute taking), preparation of documentation and reports related to the project, monitoring of fixed assets, logistics and others as required.
- Maintain the office in an orderly and efficient manner, keeping office attendant and drivers actively engaged in useful work, motivating them to aspire to higher effectiveness, and conduct regular weekly staff meetings where key office functions are represented and where information is shared to enhance the quality of decisions taken, implementations of decisions taken are monitored and difficulties are identified and dealt with collegially including day to day activities and action plan.
- Monitor and support in all routine matters as requested by supervisor/field coordinators and in cases of absence, when required, in order to keep abreast of all commitments and tasks of the area.
- Programming of meeting and travel as required, including ticketing and all other logistical aspects related to travel. Also, ensure proper maintenance of project vehicle.
- Assist in all communications with other members of the organization, external stakeholders, follow up to meetings and other key issues related to the area.